Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yarn along

I'm joining Ginny for another yarn along this week. This week has been cold, rainy and even snowy, so I actually got to spend quite a bit of time with my knitting. Since the bolero jacket was finished a few days ago, I cast on another pair of socks. Still working with what's in my stash, this yarn was bought last year in Germany. Now because it is so dark and dreary here today, you can't see how vibrant the colors really are. All I can think of is candy when looking at it... 
My reading material is still the same. Since my thumb has been feeling so much better, I've been enjoying knitting and therefore have not been reading as much.
Ich mache auch diese Woche wieder bei Ginny's yarn along mit. Da es bei uns die letzten paar Tage nur geregnet und heute sogar geschneit hat, habe ich viel Zeit auf der Couch mit meinem Strickzeug verbringen koennen. Die Bolero Jacke wurde ja schon vor ein paar Tagen fertig, und so stricke ich zwischendurch halt wieder mal ein Paar Socken. Die Wolle hierfuer hatte ich letztes Jahr schon in Deutschland gekauft und ich wuenschte ihr konntet sehen, wie schoen leuchtend die Farben in Natura sind. Wie gesagt ist es aber bei uns im Moment grau und trist und ich konnte kein besseres Bild machen. 
An meinem Lesematerial hat sich nichts geaendert. Da es meinem Daumen so viel besser geht, macht mir das Stricken im Augenblick einfach zu viel Spass und so kommt das Lesen halt ein bissl zu kurz.

12 comments:

  1. Snow? I am so envious! I do like the yarn for your socks, it's very similar to the Balloons I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like some cheerful stripey sock yarn to brighten dark gloomy days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect week for knitting! Nice and cozy. Lovely, bright yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SNOWY??? What????
    LOVE those colors...yes; candy indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely some candy colour there, lovely. And snow, lucky you, we just have bitter wind and rain.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely looking sock- what a fabulous yarn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I like the yarn! Last February I found yarn that exactly matched the candy hearts I was obsessively eating at the time. It is still one of my favorite projects. :)
    http://jenletts.wordpress.com/2011/02/01/dont-hope-act/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have yet to knit a sock - but it's on my to-knit list. The bolero jacket looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh, candy socks, that does look nice! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cotton candy colors---love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it sounds like perfect knitting weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those colors! I did quite a bit of crocheting at that time too with all of that dreary weather.

    ReplyDelete