Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Yarn along

Sorry about skipping Ginny's yarn along last week. (Thank's for checking on me Dianna.) It was just a busy week and I didn't have the "get up and go' to participate. Since it is supposed to be fun and not a chore to show what we're knitting, I might just skip a week here and there. Especially now with the upcoming holidays... Lots of other things that need to be done...
Since I finished the shalom cardigan, I'm back to knitting socks. I have quite a bit of sock yarn in my stash, and I'm trying to be good and not buy too much yarn when I could just knit up what I have on hand. The yarn is Regia and was bought during our Germany trip last year. The pattern is out of my very first sock knitting book ever and it's really quite simple.
Not much has changed when it comes to my reading material, I'm still reading "Free Range Knitter". It's definitely not the book though, it's just that I've been pretty busy lately and have not had as much time to read as I would like to.
Sorry, dass ich letzte Woche nicht beim yarn along mitgemacht habe. Die Woche war einfach prall gefuellt und es gab einfach viel zu viel anderes zu tun. Ausserdem soll der woechentliche yarn along ja Spass machen und kein "muss" sein. Deshalb werde ich hier und da wohl mal welche auslassen, vor allem jetzt wo wieder die Feiertage vor der Tuere stehen. Thanksgiving ist hier in zwei Wochen, und dann geht es gleich mit Weihnachten weiter...
Nachdem ich die Shalom Jacke fertig gestrickt habe, stricke ich nun mal wieder ein Paar Socken. Ich versuche ganz brav zu sein und nicht soviel Wolle zu kaufen, wenn ich noch so einiges auf Vorrat liegen habe. Diese Wolle ist eine Regia Wolle die ich letztes Jahr waehrend unseres Dtld. Besuches gekauft hatte. Die Anleitung stammt aus meinem ersten "Sockenstrickbuch" und es sind eigentlich Socken im Trachtenlook. Von der Farbe her eher weniger, aber das Muster hat mir einfach gut gefallen.
An meinem Lesestoff hat sich noch nichts geaendert, bin immer noch dabei "Free Range Knitter" zu lesen. Es liegt aber nicht an dem Buch (ist richtig lustig), sondern daran, dass ich in letzter Zeit nicht allzu viel Zeit zum Lesen hatte.


12 comments:

  1. What sock book are you using for your pattern? I love the design coming up the side. I have become just a little addicted to sock knitting and would love to try this pattern.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anke, you always knit the most lovely socks! If I tried to do that, they would end up looking nothing like a sock!
    Have a lovely day,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anke, if you have any spare time [;)] I would love a copy of the pattern. I have a Germany dictionary and translation book, but it would take me forever to do it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color for the socks! It is difficult to use up yarn that you already have when new yarn is wooing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, the pattern on the sides elevate these from "just socks" to "really super socks"!! I cannot resist a nice new ball of yarn! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that yarn...so purttty!!!!
    Remember to take time to breathe....it gets hard this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your sock is just amazing, I am in awe! Pretty yarn too, win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Regia is such a great sturdy yarn. My oldest socks that have held up the longest are made from them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those socks...it's been a while since I knit any around here. I'm with you on skipping a week here and there, I post when I have something to share, and sometimes I'm just too busy and thats ok:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Regia yarn and have used it quite a lot. Those socks of yours are lovely, liking the colour and the pattern.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a gorgeous color Anke, and I always love seeing all the different socks you make. One day I'll learn knitting. I did go into Hobby Lobby the other day, and was practically drooling over the beautiful yarn they had!
    Tschuss!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete