Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yarn along

In all the years I have been knitting, I have never had two projects at a time on the needles! I'm more a "get one done before starting the next" project kind of gal... 
The very colorful yarn in the back was a birthday gift from Nadia. Knowing how much I enjoy knitting, she went and got me a few skeins as a gift. As much as I like colorful things, this yarn is a bit too colorful for me. BUT Nadia loves it, so I'm knitting a scarf for her. It's a win - win, I get to knit and she gets a scarf. (She really loves this yarn!)
The pinkish yarn in the front was a gift from my secret pal at work last year. Not something I would have bought, but as with the other yarn, it's the thought that counts. I started knitting a scarf out if it last night for a little girl who's birthday is coming up. That's also why the other one got put on hold...
The book I started on yesterday is called "Sandcastles" by Luanne Rice. I did not get very far yet, but I've read several other's written by her and enjoyed them all. Very quick and easy reads...
In all den Jahren in denen ich nun schon stricke habe ich noch nie zwei Sachen gleichzeitig auf den Nadeln gehabt. Normalerweise mache ich immer ein Projekt fertig, bevor ich ein neues anfange.
Die extrem bunte Wolle war ein Geburtstagsgeschenk von Nadia. Sie weiss wie gerne ich stricke und hat mir deshalb Wolle als Geschenk ausgesucht. Ich muss sagen, obwohl ich bunte Sachen sehr gerne mag, ist sie mir doch etwas zu bunt. Nadia ist von ihr aber so begeistert, dass ich ihr daraus nun einen Schal stricke. So haben wir nun beide was davon, ich kann stricken und sie bekommt einen neuen Schal.
Die rosa Wolle im Vordergrund war ein Geschenk von meinem "secret pal" auf der Arbeit. Ich selbst haette sie wohl auch nicht ausgesucht, aber es ist der Gedanke der zaehlt. Gestern Abend habe ich angefangen einen Schal fuer ein Maedel zu stricken, das bald Geburtstag hat. Deshalb habe ich auch den anderen Schal beiseite gelegt...
Das Buch das ich gestern angefangen habe zu lesen heisst "Sandcastles" by Luanne Rice. Weit bin ich damit noch nicht gekommen, aber da ich von der Authorin schon einige gelesen habe, weiss ich das es mir gefallen wird.
I'm kind of late posting this yarn along, so if you go over to Ginny's you'll see a whole bunch of people who have already posted their works of art.
Dieses Mal bin ich ein bissl spaet dran beim yarn along mitzumachen. Wenn ihr also bei Ginny vorbei schaut, koennt ihr schon ganz viele tolle Strickarbeiten ansehen.

6 comments:

  1. I always swore I'd never be one of those with half knitted stuff all over the house, now look at me LOL.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Novelty yarns always make such fun scarves. I'll confess I am a multiple project kind of knitter, but I'm forcing myself to stay on track with my Christmas knitting...which is hard when I see so many great projects on Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see the colorful scarf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful colors. It looks like there will be some very soft and colorful scarfs coming from your house - lucky recipients!

    Thank you for stopping by and your very kind comments.

    I love how you post in 2 languages. I wish I knew more Portuguese so I could do that for my husband's family in the Azores! Oh well, I look at it as good practice for their English!

    God Bless
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the scarf! That yarn looks so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful yarns you always seem to find! And the header photo-very nice. I like it!

    ReplyDelete