Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Just a few crafty things...

I had a few moments here and there and got a little crafty...
The idea for this t-shirt is from here. I thought it was really cute and something I could even wear to work for Halloween. 
Ich hatte ueber's Wochenende ein bissl Zeit hier und da zu basteln/naehen/stricken...
Die Idee fuer dieses T-shirt ist von hier. Ich fand es einfach niedlich und dachte ich koennte es auch auf die Arbeit fuer Halloween anziehen.
I pretty much just copied the skull right off the screen, ironed interfacing onto some fabric I had on hand and then sewed it on to be sure it would stay put. I added the features with fabric paint and crocheted the little flower. The cost for the t-shirt? $ 2.50 on sale at JoAnn's...
Ich habe den Totenkopf direkt vom Bildschirm kopiert, Vlieseline auf Stoff
(den ich schon hatte) aufgebuegelt und das Ganze dann noch genaeht, damit es auch wirklich haelt. Die Augen usw. habe ich mit Stoffmalfarbe aufgetragen, das Bluemchen gehaekelt und das war's schon. Gekostet hat mich das T-shirt ganze $ 2.50, da es bei JoAnn's im Angebot war.
 I thought of this t-shirt while making the other one. The girls liked this one so much, they asked me to make one for each one of them. Guess I'll be going back to JoAnn's for more t-shirts this week...
Die Idee fuer dieses T-shirt kam mir waehrend ich das andere genaeht habe. Den Maedels hat dieses so gut gefallen, dass sie nun beide auch eines moechten. Werde wohl die Tage nochmal T-shirts kaufen gehen...
Remember the gift bag I made out of an old dress shirt? I still had one shirt front left and whipped up another one. This one is for a very "girly" girl about to turn 4, so I thought the lace would look cute.
Koennt ihr euch noch an die Geschenks"tuete" erinnern die ich aus einem alten Hemd genaeht habe? Ich hatte noch ein Vorderteil des Hemdes uebrig und daraus habe ich heute noch eine Tasche genaeht. Diese ist fuer ein suesses Maedel das bald 4 wird, und ich dachte die Spitze wuerde sich da gut machen.
Part of the present that will go into the bag is the scarf I finished last night. I'm still thinking about what else I'll put into the bag...
Ein Teil des Geschenkes das in die Tasche kommt ist dieser Schal den ich gestern fertig gestrickt habe. Ich bin noch am Ueberlegen, was ich sonst noch rein tun koennte...

7 comments:

  1. What adorable shirts, Anke! you are so very crafty:) Lovely scarf, and that bag is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anke,
    You ROCK! Your shirt turned out so cute and I love that you crocheted your own flower. Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf came out so great...and I just adore the t-shirts. How scary can a skull be with a flower??? Not too scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever, Anke! Love the shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your craft projects are adorable, Anke. You have such fun ideas for projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute ideas, Anke....loved the shirts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those shirts! You should do a Halloween give-away!
    m.

    ReplyDelete