Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, October 28, 2011

Boo... and a winner

We're in Halloween mode down here, can you tell??
This past Wednesday was the annual trunk-or-treat at the church/MDO program I work for and the girls asked to go again. Since I knew a bunch of "my" kids were going to be there, I knew I had to get dressed up. Many of you have seen me in this costume, but the kids always get a big kick out of it. It did scare some of the little ones though...
Wir haben Halloween Fieber, sieht man das??
Vergangenen Mittwoch war das jaehrliche "trunk-or-treat" bei der Kirche/Hort fuer die ich arbeite und beide Maedels wollten sich verkleiden und gehen. Nachdem ich wusste, dass viele "meiner" Kinder auch dort sein wuerden, habe ich mich natuerlich auch verkleidet. Viele von euch kennen das Kostuem schon, aber bei den Kindern kommt es immer total gut an. Einige von den kleineren Kindern hatten aber ganz schoen Muffe vor mit...
Tonight we're going to a Halloween party at a friends house. Everybody is bringing food and Hannah and Nadia asked me to bake this witch cake. And no, I did not come up with this on my own, the idea came from a Halloween cookbook I bought years ago.
Heute Abend sind wir auf eine Halloween Party bei Freunden eingeladen, und alle geladenen Gaeste bringen etwas zu essen mit. Hannah und Nadia wollten unbedingt, dass ich diesen Hexenkuchen backe. Die Idee stammt leider nicht von mir, wir haben es in einem Halloween Kochbuch gesehen, dass ich schon vor Jahren gekauft hatte.
Since it's Friday, it's time to announce the winner of the giveaway. The answer was of course  "mother nature" and Leslie got it right. I'll mail your surprise in a few days, congratulations!!!
I'll show everybody else what she'll get, when I know it's "safe"...
Nachdem heute auch schon Freitag ist, hier der Gewinner meines "giveaways". Die Antwort war "Mutter Natur" und Leslie hatte es richtig geraten. Herzliche Glueckwuensche Leslie, ich schicke deinen Gewinn in den naechsten paar Tagen weg. Was sie bekommt, zeige ich erst, wenn ich weiss, dass sie es erhalten hat.

7 comments:

  1. Don't you three look fab in your costumes! I am so excited to have won! Thank you, Anke! The witch cake is just adorable!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are amazing costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Man, Leslie gets everything!
    Just kidding. Congrats to her!
    You all look great.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your costumes...so great!!! Great cake too...have a fun partying weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness...you three ladies look amazing! The cake is really cute...hope you all have a fun time!

    And congratulations to Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the costumes (and the cake!!)
    You guys really put some thought into them.
    Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, oh. I posted a comment and then hit another button! You may get something twice, but I did say that you guys look great in your costumes, and that the cake looks yummy! Congratulations to Leslie too!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike
    Now let me try this again.

    ReplyDelete