Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yarn along

If I would have followed the directions for this kerchief, I would actually be done already. For my liking, it would have been a bit too small though, that's why I'm going to keep repeating the pattern until I pretty much run out of yarn. Right now there are over 240 stitches on the needles, so it's taking a while to knit just one row. Having been diagnosed with either tendinitis or early onset of arthritis (depends on which doctor I want to listen to), I have to take it a little easier on the knitting as well. :-( NOT very happy about this... 
I just started reading "The Paid Companion" by Amanda Quick. This was one of the books I got for 25 cents at the library and so far I really like it. 
As always, please pay a visit to Ginny's and see what all the other yarn along participants are up to.
Wenn ich mich genau an die Anleitung fuer dieses Tuch gehalten haette, waere ich mittlerweile schon fertig damit. Mir war es aber etwas zu klein und deshalb werde ich den Mustersatz wiederholen bis die Wolle weg ist. Ich habe jetzt schon ueber 240 Maschen auf der Nadel, es dauert also immer ein bissl bis eine Reihe fertig gestrickt ist. Das und die Tatsache, dass ich entweder eine Sehnenscheidenentzuendung oder das Anfangsstadium von Arthritis (je nachdem welchem Arzt ich glauben soll) habe. :-( Bin ueberhaupt nicht gluecklich darueber...
Gestern habe ich mit dem Buch "The Paid Companion" von Amanda Quick angefangen, und bisher gefaellt es mir sehr gut. War eines meiner Schnaeppchen die ich fuer 25 Cent bei der Buecherei gekauft hatte.
Wie immer, schaut mal bei Ginny vorbei und seht was alle stricken, haekeln und lesen.

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you don't have to give up knitting, whatever the diagnosis ends up being!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kerchief! Beautiful colors, looks like a lovely weight of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you can keep on knitting. My fingers are crossed. I love the colorway of your kerchief!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Take care of those fingers. You may need them for another 50 years or so.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slowly does it - best to be able to do little bits than none at all if you overdo it.
    Gorgeous Kerchief - the colour looks very cheery.
    enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am also not liking this wrist/hand issue....you are so darn creative with your hands!!! Take it easy and enjoy your book.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wouldn't be happy with either diagnosis....I hope it resolves itself. I love getting cheap books! You can't do much better than that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. take good care, i hope you find a good diagosis and solution soon. your shawl is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Since you have family in Germany, you might want to try something that worked well for both my mother and me---Heparin Ratiopharm-this stuff worked wonders for us. It's been years since I got some--last time my brother was over there he got me a tube from the Apotheke. You don't want to give up knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, thank you so much for the tip! I'm going to talk to my mom and see if she could send me some. I'll try everything at this point!
    Thank you everybody for your well wishes and compliments about the kerchief!

    ReplyDelete