Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yarn along

Time for Ginny's weekly yarn along, and this time I've got something other than socks on my needles. It's called  "The age of brass and steam kerchief" and is a free Ravelry download. The yarn was still leftover from the vest I made, I actually had a whole skein left. From the looks of it, I think it will be a bit on the small side, so I might make it somewhat larger. I'll see how much yarn I'll have left... 
Currently I'm reading "The Long Winter" from the little house series. This book, as well as two more were given to me by Mark and he totally made my day by sending them to me. I've already read the other two (loved them) and I'm really enjoying this one as well.
Zeit um wieder bei Ginny's woechentlichem yarn along mitzumachen, und dieses Mal habe ich wieder mal etwas anderes als Socken vorzuzeigen. Ich habe gestern mit diesem Tuch angefangen, es nennt sich "The age of  brass and steam kerchief" und ich habe es umsonst bei Ravelry runtergeladen. Die Wolle hatte ich noch von der Weste uebrig, war sogar noch ein kompletter Strang da. Ich glaube, wenn ich das Tuch genau nach Anleitung stricke, wird es eher etwas klein ausfallen. Je nachdem wieviel Wolle ich uebrig habe, mache ich es dann aber etwas groesser.
Das Buch das ich zur Zeit lese ist "The Long Winter", ein Buch in der "unsere kleine Farm" Serie. Dieses Buch und noch zwei andere in der Serie waren ein Geschenk von Mark. Er hat mir damit eine riesige Freude bereitet, und die anderen beiden Buecher habe ich schon verschlungen. 

15 comments:

  1. The Little House on the Prairie series is wonderful, isn't it? I grew up on them and spent some time a few years ago rereading the whole series. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors in the yarn. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S....I forgot to mention that I really like your new background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Little House soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Age of Brass and Steam pattern, it really shows off the yarn you're using :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I had them to share with you. Also, thank you for sending back that notice of my Great Aunt(Tete). I spent forever looking for that because I wanted to put it along with her sister's(My grandmother). You have no idea how much that means to me. Thank you. m.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful colorway for the kerchief. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to look up the pattern for the kerchief (and I love it's colorway). It's going to be gorgeous when you're finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh das Garn hat ja schöne Farben, das wird ein ganz tolles Tuch, egal wie groß =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bin schon gespannt auf das fertige Tuch. Der Anfang sieht schon mal vielversprechend aus. Schöne warme Farben.
    iele Grüße
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  11. those colors are great! i really like the pattern in it too, i agree it shows of the yarn really nicely!

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  12. such beautiful colors! i love your shawl, it looks like a lovely pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anke, so glad you are enjoying the Little House books. They were among my favorites when I was a young girl! I wanted to be Laura Ingalls!!
    There is a whole series and it's best to read them in order, since the characters grow up along the way. Your library will have copies of them, so before you jump ahead to the Long Winter, make sure you read the volumes that come before it.
    Here they all are, listed in order:

    Little House in the Big Woods
    Little House on the Prairie
    Farmer Boy
    On The Banks of Plum Creek
    By the Shores of Silver Lake
    The Long Winter
    Little Town on the Prairie
    These Happy Golden Years
    The First Four Years

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely color for your next project. Mark is the best; enjoy your books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so talented! I love the yarn and you are such a accomplished knitter! Love, love, love your background! Kinda looks like my lake house with the tree on the porch! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete