Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I can tell fall is here...

... when I get the urge to bake more. Never fails, seems to be the same every year. :-)
Pecan torte with blueberry filling. (Martha Stewart, Desserts) It was supposed to have a apricot filling, but since I didn't have any apricot preserves, I substituted blueberry. 
Immer wenn es herbstlich und kuehler wird habe ich richtig Lust auf's Backen. Ist wirklich jedes Jahr so, und so langsam faengt es wieder an.
Pecan Kuchen mit Blaubeer Fuellung. Haette mit Aprikosen Marmelade gefuellt werden sollen, aber da ich die nicht vorraetig hatte, habe ich Blaubeer genommen.
 Sourdough Rye bread. One of my favorites.
Sauerteig Roggenbrot, eines meiner Lieblingsbrote.
 Iced oatmeal applesauce cookies. I promised the kids in my class I would bring some and these were a hit. (Martha Stewart, Cookies)
Glasierte Haferflocken Apfelmus Plaetzchen. Ich hatte den Kindern in meiner Klasse Plaetzchen versprochen und diese waren ein voller Hit.
 Yesterday I had a craving for bagels, so I whipped up a batch in the afternoon. They are very tasty, even if they are not as pretty as the store bought ones. Gotta keep working on making evenly shaped bagels...
Gestern hatte ich richtes Verlangen nach frischen Bagels, also habe ich "schnell" ein Rezept gebacken. Sie schmecken wirklich lecker, auch wenn sie nicht so schoen wie gekaufte Bagels aussehen. Ich muss das Formen wohl noch ein bissl ueben...

10 comments:

  1. Wow, could you send a bit of your baking creativity my way? Or better yet, come for a visit and bake!!!
    Have a great weekend, Anke~
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure I just gained 5lbs reading this. You are amazing in the kitchen!!!!!! Your family is so lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm.... I always get the urge to do more baking this time of year too. Laughed at your comment on the bagel shape. Once I made english muffins and my six year old cried because they weren't the right shape!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Du bist schuld, dass ich heute mittags einen Bagel für mich beim Bäcker hole... Deine sehen sooo lecker aus !
    LG Carola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anke, what are you trying to do to me? LOL, I need something sweet now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Das sieht ja wieder verdammt lecker aus bei dir. wie behälst du bloss deine gute Figur ?
    Schönes Wochenende
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how I wish I could come visit for coffee and pastries at your house! Oh to be nieghbors:) Sounds and looks wonderful Anke xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anke, those cookies look SO SO good. Would you mind to please share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes, please share the recipe for those cookies, they look delicious, along with everything else. would love sampling some of those goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am drooling over your oatmeal applesauce cookies!

    ReplyDelete