Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, August 8, 2011

Look what I did yesterday

After month (and I mean several, several month) of not touching the spinning wheel, I got the urge to try my hand at it again yesterday. I got out the wool roving Greg got me along with the wheel for Christmas and I just love how it's turning out. It looks a bit orange in the picture, but it really is more of a red. Remember my lumpy "designer yarn" that I used to spin? It is still not as even as I would like it to be, but I think it is getting better. Practice, practice, practice...
Nachdem ich nun schon seit Monaten das Spinnrad unberuehrt in der Ecke stehen gelassen hatte, hatte ich gestern mal wieder so richtig Lust zu spinnen. (Mit dem Rad natuerlich. :-)) Ich habe das "roving" (wie nennt man das auf deutsch?) genommen, dass ich mitsamt dem Rad von Greg zu Weihnachten bekommen habe. Mir gefaellt es super gut wie es aussieht, ist in echt eher rot als so orange wir auf dem Bild. Koennt ihr euch noch an meine "Designer Wolle" erinnern die ich zuerst gesponnen habe? Dies ist immer nocht nicht so gut wie ich es gerne haette, aber ich glaube ich habe schon ein bissl Fortschritte gemacht. Ueben, ueben, ueben...

10 comments:

  1. Love the color! I happen to like the "Lumpy Bumpy" stuff so I think it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I be talented like you? m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen yarn for sale that is uneven on purpose because it makes for a very nice effect, so if you didn't tell people your yarn is not even, they'd probably think you did it that way on purpose, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, what's the project you have in mind? Can't wait to see..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO exciting! Looking forward to seeing the project that you work up using this particular yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys for the sweet and encouraging words. I have no idea what I'm going to make out of this yarn. Since I am new to this whole spinning thing, I have no idea how much yarn I'll wind up with. Once I'm all done, I'll decide what it'll be...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you!! You are the only person I know what has the talent to try this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eine tolle Farbe, liebe Anke. Du hast recht, Übung macht den Meister. Viel Spaß beim "Weiterspinnen".
    Lieben Gruß, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am working at teaching myself to spin as well. You yarn looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so impressed! Your yarn looks amazing to me!

    ReplyDelete