Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ask and you shall receive...

Just recently I mentioned to Greg how much I'd like to have my old record player back. I still have all my old records from when I was probably 14 - 18 years old, and I really wanted to listen to them again. (Yes, I'm aware that makes me either a hoarder or just old.) Well wouldn't you know it, just days later one of his friends/coworkers asked if he knew anybody who would like to have an old record player - FOR FREE!! Greg brought it home, hooked it up and it works!
Erst neulich hatte ich zu Greg gesagt wie gerne ich meinen alten Plattenspieler wieder haben moechte. Ich habe noch alle meine alten LP's von der Zeit als ich ca. 14 - 18 Jahre alt war und wollte sie unbedingt wieder einmal hoeren. (Ich weiss das macht mich entweder nur alt oder eine Packratte.) Ich konnte es kaum glauben, als er tatsaechlich ein paar Tage spaeter heimkam und erzaehlte, dass sein Freund/Arbeitskollege einen umsonst abzugeben hatte!! Greg brachte den Plattenspieler nach hause, schloss ihn an und er funktioniert!


So all weekend I've been feeling nostalgic, retro or whatever you want to call it and I've been listening to all my old favorites.


Das ganze Wochenende habe ich nun meine alten Platten angehoert und es in vollen Zuegen genossen.










9 comments:

  1. Nostalgic? Yes. Hoarder? No!! I love my old albums...and yes, we still have an turn table so we can enjoy them occasionally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Besides, they're a piece of history!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terence Trent D'Arby? Of all records to have! That is so funny. We bought a record player last year and I love it. It really does take you back to more simplier times.
    Enjoy it!
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! How neat that you got one for Free!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I must be a hoarder as well...I have the records AND the record player still. :)
    Glad you had a musically wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto with Suz - I have the albums and record player. A couple of years ago when my nephew was in high school, he was thrilled to be able to use my Beatles albums. He had the album covers hanging on the wall in his room. Definitely worth keeping just for that moment...

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....."wishing well....." Haha I used to have that, now that song will be in my head all night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. woow, ist das cooool und sehr nostalgisch, liebe Anke

    ich liebe meine Plattensammlung und würde sie niiiie mehr hergeben...

    ein lieber Gruße aus der Sommerpause zu Dir
    von Traudi

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can hear Terence Trent Darby singing now...underneath the Sycamore tree! :)

    ReplyDelete