Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yarn along

With all the computer problems we've had I have not been able to participate in Ginny's yarn along. (I don't even want to say everything is fixed, because every time I say it, something else goes wrong.) Anyway...
I've been knitting a vest out of this beautiful sock yarn for myself. The sock yarn is from Susa and I just adore the color. Since the vest is knitted in a somewhat lacy pattern, it will definitely be more for looks than warmth. But hey, considering I'm dealing with hot flashes here, I don't really need to dress super warm anyway. ;-)
I am reading " A breath of snow and ashes" by Diana Gabaldon. It is the final book in the "Outlander" series, and so far I am enjoying it very much. In between I'm also glancing at the Encyclopedia of Country living. There's a lot of information in that book!
Mit all den Computer Problemen die wir in letzter Zeit hatten, bin ich gar nicht dazu gekommen bei Ginny's yarn along mitzumachen. (Ich traue mich gar nicht zu sagen, dass alles wieder ok ist. Immer wenn ich das dachte, ging wieder etwas schief.) Egal...
Zur Zeit stricke ich eine Weste aus Sockenwolle die ich von Susa gekauft habe. Ich hatte mich sofort in die Farbe verliebt und auch das verstricken macht grossen Spass. Nachdem die Weste in einem Lochmuster gestrickt wird, ist sie definitiv nichts um warm zu halten. Muss aber auch nicht sein, denn dafuer habe ich ja Hitzewallungen. ;-)
Das Buch das ich gerade lese ist "A breath of snow and ashes" by Diana Gabaldon. Es ist das letzte Buch in der "Outlander" Serie und ich lese es wirklich gerne. Zwischendurch lese ich auch immer wieder mal ein bissl in der "Encyclopedia of country living". Unglaublich viel Information in diesem Buch!

5 comments:

  1. Göttlich ich habe gerade schallend über dich gelacht. Also eine Weste mit Lochmuster, sehr schön !
    aber am besten der Spruch dafür habe ich ja Hitzewallungen.
    die machen mich auch gerader fertig. allerdings sollte ich vielleicht auch auf Kleidungsstücke mit klimaanlage umsteigen !
    Kicher !
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news - I'm pretty sure that is NOT the last book in the Outlander series. She certainly leaves enough loose ends waiting to be tied up. Not sure when the next one is due though.

    Lovely yarn for your vest. Can't wait to see it finished.

    Stopping in from Yarn Along. My link is: http://blog.mymummyknits.com/yarn-along-25/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pick up and read The Country Living Encyclopedia a little at a time. There is so much info in there! The vest using the sock yarn is so delicate looking...perfect for this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Anke,

    viel Freude beim Stricken!

    LG
    Susa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how beautiful! It just amazes me, since I don't have any talent to knit or crochet at all, to see something so simple as yard transformed into something so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete