Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, June 3, 2011

Garlic

Guess we won't have to worry about vampires this year. ;-) I harvested lots of garlic yesterday and hung it up to cure. Savvy was my little helper, the smell didn't bother her at all. But then again, she's the dog that likes to roll in really gross and smelly things...
Dieses Jahr muessen wir vor Vampiren keine Angst haben.;-) Ich habe gestern unseren Koblauch geerntet und zum Trocknen aufgehaengt. Savvy war mein Aufpasser, der Geruch hat sie gar nicht gestoert. Wobei das eigentlich kein Wunder ist, denn sie rollt sich liebend gerne in richtig stinkigen Sachen...

7 comments:

  1. Stock up on some mouthwash too. m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love garlic, and if its pickled even better! I only have a few as it was a late start, maybe later it will be better. If I need some though I know where to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip Mark. Guess that means everybody will have to have some. :-)
    Thank you Leslie, we got a lot more than we did last year.
    Ulrike, do you have a recipe for pickled garlic? We LOVE pickled garlic, but the last recipe I tried was not a hit with everybody. I think it was a bit heavy on the cloves... If you need some garlic, come on over. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garlic is my favorite harvest! Mine won't be much longer if yours is ready!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great garlic harvest! Nope, I think vampires will steer clear of you this year!! Now, when your tomatoes ripen, you can make all sorts of great garlic-y sauces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking harvest, Anke! Glad you had a good little helper there. Just sorry we didn't get to see more of Savvy. I love the coloring on her head! Makes me excited for tomorrow! ;-)

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete