Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Yarn along

I'm so happy I get to participate in Ginny's yarn along again, I really missed not being able to post.
On my needles right now are a pair of socks for a friend. She has helped me out a lot during our power outage and since she's always liked my knitted socks, I thought it might just be the perfect gift for her. Kinda too warm to wear them right now, but they will come in handy come fall. :-)
After hearing so many positive things about "Carrots Love Tomatoes", I decided to buy it. It is a very good book for any gardener and I have already learned so much. I highly recommend it!!
Ich bin richtig froh, dass ich mal wieder bei Ginny's yarn along mitmachen kann. Ich habe es waehrend unserem Stromausfall richtig vermisst.
Im Moment stricke ich ein Paar Socken fuer eine Freundin. Sie hat mir waehrend des Stromausfalls sehr geholfen und da ihr meine gestrickten Socken schon immer gefallen haben, dachte ich waere ein Paar das perfekte Geschenk. Ist zwar im Augenblick viel zu heiss fuer gestrickte Socken (ca 30 Grad) aber der naechste Herbst kommt bestimmt. :-)
Ueber das Buch "Carrots Love Tomatoes" habe ich soviele positive Sachen gehoert, dass ich es mir endlich gekauft habe. Ich habe schon viel neues gelernt und kann es nur empfehlen.

6 comments:

  1. he, du hast ja buch und wolle farblich passend ausgewählt ;-) die wolle hat eine tolle farbe!! wahnsinn was bei euch mit dem tornado los war. ist doch mal was anderes ob man immer nur im radio die katastrophenmeldungen hört oder es hautnah miterlebt. ich hoffe, der aufbau geht langsam los. hier in dresden war nach der flut auch ganz viel kaputt, aber schon nach ein paar jahren war nichts mehr davon zu sehen. zum glück. ich wünsche euch und euren betroffenen freunden alles gute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope some of those things in the book work, I'm trying them too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the socks that are on your needles right now. The colors are SO pretty.

    Your gardening book looks interesting. I'm thinking it might just make a nice Father's Day gift for my hubby. ;)

    Have a wonderful day, Anke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not heard of this book!!!!
    Have a great day.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need that book! I have been looking online for companion planting since we have moved our garden, and I don't have the huge planting area any more. We could use it, but I think it is just worn out plus too close to the highway. That is such a thoughtful gift to give to your friend too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice gift for your friend, Anke. truly beautiful colors:) I have that book and have found it very useful. xxx

    ReplyDelete