Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sew fun...

I have wanted to make some new cushions for the sofa for what seems like years now. For one reason or another (no time, didn't want to spend the money, couldn't think of how I wanted them to look) I just never got around to it. Today, finally I made two new pillows and I couldn't be happier with them.
I got the fabric at Joann's the other day - didn't even cost me anything, since I was given a gift card at the end of the school year. Just picked some fabrics that made me smile and more or less just started cutting it up.
Ich wollte schon seit einer halben Ewigkeit neue Kissen fuer das Wohnzimmer Sofa naehen. Aus irgendeinem Grund (keine Zeit, wollte das Geld nicht ausgeben, konnte mich nicht entscheiden wie die Kissen aussehen sollten) habe ich mich aber nie an die Naehmaschine gesetzt und sie gemacht. Bis heute frueh! Ich habe zwei Kissen genaeht und koennte mit dem Endresultat nicht zufriedener sein.
Vor ein paar Tagen bin ich zu Joann's (einem Stoff/Bastelladen) und habe dort richtig zugeschlagen. Von "meinen" Kindern hatte ich zum Jahresabschluss einen Geschenkgutschein fuer Joann's bekommen, und so hat mich der ganze Spass nicht einmal etwas gekostet!

What can I say, reds oranges and yellows are happy colors to me and I love having them in the house.
Was soll ich sagen, rot, orange und gelb sind meine Lieblingsfarben und ich liebe es sie im Haus zu haben.
And since I was having so much fun sewing them, the machine is still out and I'm working on another project. Sew much fun. ;-)
Nachdem ich soviel Spass beim Naehen hatte, ist die Maschine noch nicht weg geraeumt und ich arbeite an einem anderen Projekt.

18 comments:

  1. Anke, I LOVE those colors together! I'm already thinking quilt, LOL! Nicely done :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the bright colors...SO cheerful. And the colors go nicely with your sofa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute and so bright and cheerful, Anke!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always pick the most vibrant colors. Great choice! I love those colors together too. And, I like your play on words. m.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wunderschöne farbenfrohe Kissen. So richtig Sommerstimmung auf dem Sofa. Bin mal auf das nächste Projekt gespannt.
    Viele Grüße
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tolle Stoffe Anke,
    Die hätten mir auch gefallen !
    Bin gespannt was du noch so weiter nähst!
    Tschüss
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tolle Farben- vor allem die Kombination der Muster gefällt mir gut! Herzliche Grüße, Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree; HAPPY colors. Great job Anke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them! So sunny and cheerful and artistic :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I constantly emailed this blog post page to all my associates, since if like to read
    it after that my contacts will too.

    Feel free to visit my homepage: puertoricotkd.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ηeу! I cοuld have sworn I've been to this site before but after checking through some of the post I realized it's new tо me.

    Αnyωayѕ, ӏ'm definitely happy I found it and I'll be book-marking and сheckіng bаck frequently!

    tinnitus

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You'vе done an imргesѕіѵe јоb and
    our whole сommunity will be grateful to you. mouse click the up coming webpage

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m not thаt much of a intеrnet reader
    to be honest but yοur blogs гeally nice, keep іt uρ!
    I'll go ahead and bookmark your site to come back later on. Cheers visit the up coming website

    ReplyDelete
  14. Admiring the hard work you put into your website аnd in depth
    information yοu present. It's good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same old гehashed infοrmatіоn.

    Fаntastic read! ӏ've bookmarked your site and I'm adding your RSS fеeds to my Google accоunt.
    http://dhartipunjabdi.com/index.php?do=/profile-62794/info

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thiѕ рage reаlly hаs аll оf the info Ӏ needеd concernіng thіs
    ѕubjесt anԁ diԁn't know who to ask. click the up coming website

    ReplyDelete
  16. ӏ tend not to ԁгop a cοmment, however І read a bunch
    of commеntѕ on thіs pаge "Sew fun...".

    I actuаlly do hаѵe some questions
    for уou іf you don't mind. Is it only me or do a few of these comments look like they are written by brain dead individuals? :-P And, if you are writing at additional social sites, I'd likе
    tο fοlloω you. Ϲould you ρоѕt
    a list οf all of all your public ѕitеs lіkе
    уοur Fаceboοk ρаgе, tωitter feed, oг linkeԁіn ρrofilе?
    just click the up coming page

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eveгything is ѵеry opеn
    with a νeгy clеaг ԁescгiption of the iѕѕueѕ.
    It ωas truly informatіνe. Youг
    ωebsitе is ѵeгy helpful. Thank you for
    shaгing! click through the up coming website page

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm amazed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that's both educаtivе and engaging, and without а doubt, you have
    hit the nаil on the hеaԁ. The problem is somеthing whіch nоt enough folκѕ are ѕрeaking intelligently
    abοut. I'm very happy I came across this in my hunt for something regarding this. Full Article

    ReplyDelete