Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Yarn along

I'm happy to say the carpal tunnel surgery went well and I'm able to knit a little bit already! Not to worry, I'm not overdoing it, but a few rows here and there are perfectly alright.
The socks I'm knitting are going to be for my sister (who will be here in July) and since this isn't a difficult pattern, they should be done pretty soon. I might even have time to knit her a second pair...
I'm reading "World made by hand" by James Howard Kunstler (would definitely recommend this book) and I'm browsing through "Hand dyeing yarn and fleece" by Gail Callahan.
Have a look around over at Ginny's and see what everybody else is up to...
Ich habe die Carpal Tunnel OP gut ueberstanden und mittlerweile kann ich sogar schon wieder ein bissl stricken. Nur keine Panik, ich ueberanstrenge meine Hand nicht- ein paar Reihen hier und da ist alles was ich bis jetzt gestrickt habe. Ines, wenn ich so weiter stricken kann sind deine Socken bald fertig - vielleicht kann ich dir ja sogar noch ein Paar stricken. :-)
Zur Zeit lese ich "World made by hand" und kann das Buch wirklich empfehlen. Ausserdem stoebere ich ein bissl in "Hand dyeing yarn und fleece" - mal sehen wie lange es dauert bevor ich mich ans Wolle faerben traue.
Schaut mal bei Ginny vorbei was andere so lesen und stricken...

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are knitting this soon after surgery, but it's probably good therapy as long as you take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that you're able to do a bit of knitting. The socks are marvelous! Don't overdo tho, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy your surgery was a success!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do take it easy, you! ;-)

    Wonderful color and pattern, your love shows in every piece :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your successful surgery!! And if you don't do too much, I'm sure the knitting will just help strengthen the muscles... That book- World Made by Hand- sounds fascinating, another one for my reading list!!

    ReplyDelete