Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Yarn along

After finishing the cardigan, I needed some instant gratification. For that, nothing is better than knitting a pair of socks. In my opinion anyway... The yarn is from knit picks and is called "Stroll", it's very nice to knit. The socks will be a gift for my sister, since I've promised her a pair of knitted socks a long time ago. I hope she'll like the color I picked...
I am still reading "The fiery cross" by Dianna Gabaldon, but I am now on page 814 - "only" a little over 100 pages to go...
You should check out Ginny's blog to see what everybody else is knitting or to get some great book recommendations.
Nachdem ich die Jacke fertig gestrickt habe, wollte ich mal wieder etwas schnelles stricken. Hier finde ich Socken immer am allerbesten, ruck zuck ist ein Paar fertig. Vor allem wenn man kein kompliziertes Muster strickt. Die Wolle ist von knit picks und heisst "Stroll", ist wirklich schoen zu verstricken. Die Socken selbst sind fuer mein Schwesterherz, nachdem ich ihr schon lange welche versprochen hatte. Ines, ich hoffe die Farbe gefaellt dir!
Ich lese immer noch "The fiery cross" aber mittlerweile bin ich auf Seite 814 - "nur" noch ein bissl ueber 100 Seiten zu lesen...
Schaut mal bei Ginny rein und seht was andere so auf den Nadeln haben oder welche Buecher sie lesen.

10 comments:

  1. Popped over from Ginny's blog to see your knitting! I am also fan of Diana Gabaldon. I just finished reading Dragonfly in Amber (reading through the series for the second time after several years!) Hard to find time for reading sometimes, with so many children around here. And she is rather "wordy"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My feet are cold too, you know!
    Love the vibrant color.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colors on that yarn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarn...love the pattern it is making as you work up the socks, Anke! I know your sister will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anke, ever since my sister started knitting socks (hasn't quite managed a full one yet, let alone a pair) I have been throwing weighty hints around.... so to you let me also say: hint hint!!!!!!!! Love the colour of this yarn! XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't get over how prolific a knitter you are. Everytime I visit - you've made another entire wardrobe! I like the new blog layout! Hope all is well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Du sagst es, wenn man ein einfasches Muster nimmt, sind Socken genau das Richtige für Zwischendurch. Die Farbe der Wolle gefällt mir sehr gut. Alle Achtung, dass Du auch noch zum Lesen kommst. Ich habe mich inzwischen auf Hörbücher verlegt, das geht auch neben dem Stricken.
    Viele Grüße
    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  8. One day I will learn how to knit socks! You always show such beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete