Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yarn along

I took the last two weeks off, since I thought showing the same ole cardigan would get boring. I am getting close to finishing the back (both front pieces are done) so I thought I'd participate in Ginny's yarn along again. Normally I don't feel the need to rush when I'm knitting, but my carpal tunnel surgery is coming up soon and I really want to finish this before I have it done. Who knows how long it'll be before I'll be able to knit again...
I'm about half way done with "The fiery cross" and I guess I can always finish it after the surgery...
Die letzten zwei Wochen habe ich mal eine yarn along Pause eingelegt. Ich dachte es ist ja langweilig, wenn ich immer die selbe Jacke vorzeige. Mittlerweile ist das Rueckenteil fast fertig (beide Vorderteile sind gestrickt) und so dachte ich, mache ich mal wieder mit. Normalerweise stricke ich so langsam vor mich hin, aber da meine Carpal Tunnel OP in ein paar Wochen ist, will ich die Jacke unbedingt vorher fertig machen. Wer weiss, wie lange ich danach eine Zwangspause einlegen muss.
Bei meinem Buch bin ich mittlerweile auf Seite 489 von mal wieder knapp 1000 Seiten. Lesen kann ich aber immer noch, wenn ich nicht mehr stricken darf...

15 comments:

  1. Love the yarn you are using. I hope you post after your surgery, as I have been putting off the same thing. Still wearing a brace at night and now a lot during the day.
    Warmly,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cardigan is coming right along, Anke. I'll look forward to seeing the finished project. The yarn is so pretty and will look so nice on you with your beautiful dark hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good luck with your surgery Anke! Sending warm thoughts to help you finish that cardi and have a successful surgery :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo anke,
    Bei mir war die OP vor 8 Jahren und ich war schon nach 10 tagen wieder einsatzt bereit, natürlich habe ich nicht gestrickt ( ist nicht meine Welt!) Sonder habe da schon wieder mit dem Rollschneider geschnitten und mit der Hand genäht. Ich hoffe bei Dir geht es dann auch weider so schnell. Übrigens seidem habe ich nicht mehr mit dem Kapaltunnel gehabt !
    Tschüss einen schönen Sonnigen Tag. Ich gehe heute Nachmittag zum Patchworken.
    Tschüss
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the color.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope everything goes smoothly for your surgery, the sweater is a beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tracey, I've had carpal tunnel now for at least 8 or 9 years and sleeping without a brace is impossible for me now. Too many sleepless and painful nights with my arm hanging over the side of the bed...
    Thank you all for your well wishes, I really appreciate them all!
    Doris, ich hoffe, dass es bei mir auch so gut ueber die Buehne geht wie bei dir. Ich lasse es mir extra in den Fruehlingsferien machen, da ich hoffe, dass ich danach wieder einsatzbereit bin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely yarn and i'm a diana gabaldon fan. hope your surgery goes well and you are knitting again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your surgery, I hope you can knit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping in to say "Hi" as part of Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The colour of your cardigan is beautiful! I hope all goes well with your surgery and that you have all the time you need to finish up the cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sehr schoen, Anke! Ich liebe die Farbe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anke, I had my carpal tunnel done 3 years ago. I was sewing by 3 days post op....I didn't hold myself back and I got over the whole thing in great time. Take it from an old Orthopedic nurse....within reason, you can't hurt anything by using the hand.

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE that color!
    Let us know before you have your surgery...it will be hard to type with ONE hand.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Anke! I just caught up on your last posts. This yarn is beautiful & I LOVE your raised beds. I'm also trying to teach my boys about gardening...we are doing all sorts of things here. Will post pictures soon hopefully. =)

    ReplyDelete