Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I've been so lucky...

Look at the beautiful things I was lucky enough to win. I could hardly believe my luck...
First off, I won these wonderful hand-knitted warm mittens from knitting off the grid. I've been knitting since I was in 7th grade, but I have never knitted mittens. They are really beautiful and will keep my hands nice and warm come winter time.
Schaut euch mal die tollen Sachen an die ich in letzter Zeit gewonnen habe. Ich gewinne fast nie etwas und dann gleich zwei mal hintereinander.
Zuerst habe ich diese tollen Handschuhe bei knitting off the grid gewonnen. Ich stricke schon seit der 7. Klasse, aber Handschuhe habe ich noch nie gestrickt. Die Handschuhe sind super weich, wunderschoen gestrickt und sie werden meine Haende im naechsten Winter bestimmt schoen warm halten.Then I won a giveaway at Maja's. She had the beautiful hearts up on her blog and we were supposed to guess how many stitches it took to make them. My guess was the closest and I was the lucky winner. Well, when I got the hearts in the mail today, Maja had added all those other goodies for me. Isn't it all just lovely?
Diesen give away habe ich bei Maja gewonnen. Sie hatte die beiden Herzen in ihren blog gestellt, und man sollte raten wieviele Stiche es insgesamt waren. Ich hatte 795 geraten und war damit am naehesten dran. Heute kamen die Herzen dann hier in der Post an, und ich konnte es gar nicht fassen, dass Maja noch andere Sachen beigelegt hatte. Ich liebe Marzipan und ueber die suessen Eulen habe ich mich auch total gefreut.
Look at the beautiful stitching Maja does. The hearts are absolutely gorgeous!
Schaut euch nur die tollen Herzen an, Maja's Stickereien sind unglaublich schoen.
And these owls, I am in love! They are adorable and I can't believe Maja was generous enough to send two of those as well.
Und die kleinen Eulen sind allerliebst. Ich bin wirklich vollauf begeistert und kann gar nicht genug Dankeschoen sagen.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Vielen tausen Dank!

12 comments:

  1. Sehr schoen, Anke! I quit doing giveaways and swaps because my goal this year is to get rid of stuff instead of accumulating more, no matter how cute it is ;-)

    Have fun and congratulations!!!

    Bis bald,
    Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I admit I've never done mittens, either - I went straight from scarves to socks LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! the mittens look so warm and the owls are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liebe Anke,

    he Du bist ein echter Glückspilz! Mensch was für schöne Sachen und die Handschuhe sind wirklich toll...die sehen so richtig warm aus und Du wirst Deine Freude mit haben! Lass Dir das Marzipan schmecken und hab vielen Dank für Deine guten Wünsche. Ich/wir werde/n die Zeit in vollen Zügen geniesen...nur noch ein paar Stunden und dann geht es los.
    Dir alle, alles Liebe und gib gut auf Dich acht...viele liebe Grüße,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the luck of the Irish??? :)
    LOVE those Owls; adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think perhaps you might want to play the lottery while you are on this streak!! Have a great week...bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Seeing that you’re a green advocate (and blogger) I wanted to reach out and see if you were interested in an article that I recently have written. It's on the Olympics and the steps they're taking to go green and decrease the environmental impact that it has. While sports is something far from the topic of your blog, I think that you will find it interesting and informative, and not overwhelming on the sports content, besides a few facts on the last Olympics, it is primarily about the Olympics going Green.

    I'm looking to spread awareness of the fact that even though the Olympic Games are fantastic and unifying, they are it's quite a carbon-rich event and are not that environmentally sound.

    Nerissa Barry
    nerdbarry@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with those owls! Whooooo is the lucky girl! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful gifts, and I'm drooling over the marzipan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how wonderful all your goodies are! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your words of encouragement, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what lovely gifts! Congratulations to you, and Great Work to the crafters that made them!

    ReplyDelete