Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yarn along

It's Wednesday again - which means time to participate in Ginny's yarn along. Knitting and books, what's not to love?
Right now I'm knitting a short sleeved cardigan for myself. The yarn is called "Paca Tweed" and is from Plymouth Yarn. It's 50% Alpaca, 40% Merino and 10% Donegal. It's so soft and a pleasure to knit.
After finishing the last Diana Gabaldon book, I decided I needed to read something a little more "fluffy". My boss let me borrow the latest Janet Evanovich book "Sixxling Sixteen" and it is funny and easy to read. There are 16 in this series and all of them are hilarious.
Es ist Mittwoch, und das heisst es ist wieder Zeit fuer den woechentlichen yarn along. Stricken und Buecher, gibt es etwas besseres?
Zur Zeit stricke ich mir eine kurzaermelige Weste aus einer Wolle von Plymouth Yarn. Sie heisst "Paca Tweed" und ist 50% Alpaca, 40% Merino und 10% Donegal. Sie ist weich und kuschelig und es macht richtig Freude sie zu verstricken.
Nachdem ich das letzte Diana Gabaldon Buch fertig gelesen habe, dachte ich muss ich in der Serie mal eine Pause einlegen. Meine Chefin hat mir das letzte Janet Evanovich Buch "Sizzling Sixteen" geliehen und es ist sehr einfach und schnell zu lesen. Ausserdem sind die Buecher in der Serie total lustig

14 comments:

  1. Have you seen the book "It Itches"? It's a little knitting comic book, and is filled with hilarious little gems, I ended up buying it for my knitting friends for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't seen it, but I'll have to look for it. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is such a beautiful color. I'll look forward to seeing the finished product. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yarn is just lovely, and the knitting is wonderful, I always enjoy looking at your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's probably the last thing a knitter wants to hear after the recipient tries the labor-of-love gift: "It itches" - My answer would be: "suck it up, it took me 40 hours to make" LOL

    I love the burgundy cardigan you are working on! Very nice, Anke!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The reds are really calling to me today! Good thing Valentine's Day is coming up! Light and fluffy reads are such a nice break sometimes, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The yarn I just bought is 50% baby alpaca and 50% merino. It's the softest stuff I know and I love it! That should be a very cozy cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Evanovich books are so funny. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the color of your cardigan. Can't wait to seeit finished.

    Thanks for stopping by today.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see it finished and I too love the color, so rich and warm looking!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, what a yummy color you chose for your sweater! I made my first short-sleeve cardigan this fall and I wear it frequently. It's a darkish kind of red, too. :-) Enjoy your knitting and reading, I'll have to check out the author you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are such a great knitter! My mittens turned out - well...usable. LOL I would love to exchange an email or two with you - (German recipes, knitting, etc...if you get a chance...jayme.goffin@yahoo.com) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Your stitches look perfect!

    ReplyDelete