Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Yarn along

Slow and steady wins the race - at least that's what I keep telling myself right now when I feel like I'm not really making a lot of progress. The yarn is wonderful to knit though and the book (Drums of Autumn) is just as great as all the others in this series.
Hop on over to Ginny's to see what everybody else has going on right now...
Immer mit der Ruhe ist momentan mein Motto wenn mich der Frust packt, dass ich mit dem Schal nicht so weiterkomme. Die Wolle ist jedoch ein Traum zu stricken und auch das Muster ist sehr einfach. Das Buch (Drums of Autumn) ist genauso toll wie die anderen in der Serie.
Wenn ihr andere Buchtips wollt oder sehen wollt was fuer tolle Sachen gestrickt werden, schaut einfach mal bei Ginny vorbei...

8 comments:

  1. I go through phases where I can't stop crocheting and others when I don't want to even think about it. Right now I'm making some fingerless gloves for my daughter in California. It's a new pattern and it looks simple to make. The yarn I'm using is a wool-blend, so it's warm, yet it has lots of stretch and "bounce" for a comfortable wear.

    Alles Gute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your scarf is very pretty, Anke. Glad you've enjoyed both that project and the books you've been reading.

    Hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color of your scarf Anke :) My knitting is going impossibly slow right now to. It must be the time of year *grin*. Enjoy the rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yard stick beside it! Yay for length!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by and leaving sweet words for me, Anke. :-) The cookie mix was to be done in a quart jar, but I couldn't find any single ones in the stores so I opted for the one shown. It was 52 or 56 ounces...so I did layer mine a bit differently than the recipe called for. I don't know if you could tell in the picture or not, but in order to fill up the left over space, I cut a circular of waxed paper, then red tissue paper and was able to include half a dozen cookies in the jar as well.

    I'm off to make some more surprises today! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your scarf has come a long way since the last picture. It looks like an intricate knitting pattern.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got it...slow & steady =) I have been working on the same old thing every yarn along. Oh well, it is almost done, and I really do enjoy knitting, and don't mind not rushing through it.

    ReplyDelete