Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Thursday, December 9, 2010

More handmade gifts

Here are a few more handmade gifts. Some we plan on giving, some we just received.
My friend collects angels, so I thought I would make her one to add to her collection. I cut it out of wood and painted it. For some reason, her cheeks really stand out in the pictures, it's not like that "in real life".
Hier nochmal ein paar selbstgemachte Weihnachtsgeschenke. Einige werden verschenkt, andere haben wir selbst erst bekommen.
Meine Freundin sammelt Engel und so dachte ich mache ich ihr einen fuer ihre Sammlung. Ich habe ihn aus Holz ausgesaegt und anschliessend bemalt. In Natura sehen die Backen nicht so grell aus wie auf dem Photo...The soap I made not too long ago is almost ready. Since I plan on giving a few away as gifts, I started playing with ways to wrap it. I'll probably add a little tag explaining what kind of soap it is. (lavender oatmeal in case you want to know)
Die Seife die ich vor kurzem gemacht habe ist fast fertig. Nachdem ich einige davon verschenken will, habe ich mal mit der "Verpackung" experimentiert. Ich werde wohl noch ein kleines Etikett hinhaengen auf dem steht was in der Seife ist. (Lavendel-Haferflocken falls ihr es wissen wollt)
Here are a few stocking stuffer swap items I received in the mail:
This is a "coffee cup sleeve". Isn't it adorable? I'm not really a "get a cup of coffee" kind of person, but one of my friends is. This will be a perfect gift for her!
Ueber die letzten paar Tage sind auch wieder einige von den "stocking stuffer" Geschenken angekommen. Dies hier ist ein "coffee cup sleeve", d.h. es wird ueber einen Kaffeebecher (wie z.B. von Starbucks) gezogen. Da ich persoenlich nicht oft Kaffee holen gehe, werde ich es an eine Freundin weiterschenken. Sie holt oft Kaffee und daher ist es fuer sie perfekt.
A beautiful washcloth and some make up remover pads. So pretty and so very soft!
Das ist ein gehaekelter Waschlappen und kleine make up remover pads. Die Wolle ist so super weich!
Just look at these coasters, they are criss- crossed. Just recently I was thinking about making some to keep in the dining room, so these will be perfect!
Die Untersetzer sind perfekt! Ich wollte schon die ganze Zeit welche fuer das Esszimmer und nun habe ich diese bekommen. Sogar die Farben passen!
A pretty knitted dishcloth and a little hat. The little hat is actually a ornament and has a little bell inside. What a cute idea to hang on the tree or add to a gift.
Dies ist ein gestrickter Spuellappen und eine kleine Muetze. Unter der Muetze ist eine kleine Glocke und es waere ein super niedlicher Geschenkanhaenger - oder ein schoenes Ornament fuer den Christbaum.
I am so glad I participated in this stocking stuffer swap. So many creative people out there, I got a lot of ideas for gift giving next year!
Ich bin so froh, dass ich bei diesem stocking stuffer swap mitgemacht habe. So viele creative Leute und soviele Ideen fuer naechstes Jahr...

12 comments:

  1. I bet your soap is going to be great. I love homemade soap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handmade gifts are the best. I love the soap idea. Stay warm .

    ReplyDelete
  3. =) I love all those things. Handmade gifts are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous handmade gifts made with love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liebe Anke,

    WOW...der Engel für Deine Freundin ist wunderschön geworden und ich finde, das ist ein ganz tolles Geschenk. Ich bin wirklich baff! Deine Seifen sehen jetzt so verpackt richtig edel aus...wie aus dem Laden - ganz toll geworden und ich bin gespannt was die Empfänger sagen.
    Hab einen schönen Tag und ich schicke noch viele liebe Grüße,

    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. It occurs to me that I had better start in January next year to get ready for Christmas. Just one year in this lifetime I would love to be prepared well before the holiday!!!

    Hope yours is wonderful and full of warm family memories, Anke.

    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anke, I always stand amazed at the wonderful talents you possess and the creative ways you use them! That angel is beautiful...such an unique piece. I didn't realize you make soap. It is something I wanted to learn to do this year, but I kept putting it on the back burner and unfortunately that is where it is has remained. 2011 will be THE year I learn to make soap! :-)

    ALL of your stocking stuffer gifts are so nice!

    Thank you, too, Anke, for your kind and sincere comments you leave for me. You are such a sweetheart...wish we lived closer. I'd love spoiling your girls, too! :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hallo Anke,
    Du bist so unglaublich kreativ, ich bin schwer beeindruckt.
    Das Engelchen für deine Freundin ist allerliebst.
    Schön, wenn man so eine Freundin hat.
    Die Seifen sehen prachtvoll aus, schade das ich nicht daran schnuppern kann.

    Wünsche Dir eine wunderschöne Adventszeit.

    Herzlichst Uschi vom grünem Inselchen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I bet that soap smells wonderful. I knitted a basketweave dishcloth just like that but wanted to knit a dishtowel to go with it but sadly am running out of time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is making soap difficult? I'd looove to try making my own, with different things and oils in them... thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't think making the soap was difficult at all, but then I used a kit and everything was already measured and ready to go. I plan on getting a book on soap making and hopefully make lots more from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great gifts, and I agree homemade is best! A lot of meaning and thought goes into it. I may try making soap one day after seeing what you and Leslie have done!

    ReplyDelete