Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, September 26, 2010

A new favorite

I found recipes for "different things to try with pizza dough" in a magazine not too long ago. Several sounded really good and I cut them out to try later on. I've made this one twice now, it is a huge hit at our house!
You take the dough and spread it out into a rectangle, about 12 by 15. Then layer salami, provolone cheese and feta cheese on top. The original recipe asks for 1/4 pound salami, 1/2 pound provolone and 4 cups fresh spinach. I didn't weigh the salami or the cheese and my family prefers fresh spinach over cooked spinach. In other words, nobody would eat it, (except me) if I added the spinach. That's where the feta came in...
Neulich habe ich ein paar Rezepte fuer "was man alles mit Pizza Teig machen kann" in einer Zeitschrift gefunden. Ein paar davon fand ich richtig lecker und so habe ich sie "fuer spaeter" ausgeschnitten. Dieses Rezept haben wir nun schon zum zweiten mal gemacht, jeder ist davon total begeistert.
Man nimmt den Pizza Teig und rollt ihn aus, ca 30 auf 40 cm. Nun legt man Salami, Kaese und Feta darauf. Das Orginal Rezept fragt nach 1/4 Pfund Salami, 1/2 Pfund Kaese und 4 Tassen frischem Spinat. Ich habe weder die Salami noch den Kaese gewogen, und ausser mir mag hier keiner gekochten Spinat. (Meine Familie mag ihn lieber roh als Salat.) Deshalb also der Feta...Now you start at the short end and roll up the dough. Place it on an oiled baking sheet and brush the dough with olive oil.
Nun faengt man am kurzen Ende an den Teig aufzurollen. Dann auf ein gefettetes Backblech legen und mit Oliven Oel bepinseln.
Bake at 425 until golden brown, about 25 - 30 minutes. Let rest a few minutes and slice. So good! We did have a nice salad along with it, since we left the spinach out. ;-)
Nun bei 220 fuer 25 - 30 Minuten backen. Ein paar Minuten ruhen lassen und in Stuecke schneiden. So lecker! Nachdem der Spinat schon nicht in der Rolle war, haben wir dazu einen Salat gegessen. ;-)

7 comments:

  1. Hmmm, das sieht ja oberlecker aus. Das werde ich bestimmt auch mal probieren. Danke für die Idee.
    Deine Jalapenos hätten darin bestimmt auch super geschmeckt.

    LG Conny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh...I have to make this for my pizza loving family!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Anke, for sharing this. It reminds me somewhat of the strombolli that I make. We don't have it often, but when we do, we really enjoy it!

    Hopefully this week I will post pictures of my okra pickles. I have accumulated enough to do another quart or two tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mann, das schaut soooo lecker aus!! Too bad, dass wir leider nur Haehnchen essen. Aber vielleicht kann ich das ja ein wenig abwandeln. Sieht viel zu gut aus um es nicht zu versuchen :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to live vicariously through you since I cut salty foods from my diet - dang that looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anke, this looks really good! And quick! I don't mind spinach cooked if it is cheesy, and my husband loves it, so I would probably add it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I could have eaten tonight as hubby wanted pizza, and I'm not much of a pizza person except every now and then. We had fish instead. Do you think it could be made ahead of time and then frozen? When things are hectic I often wish I had something ready in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete