Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, September 13, 2010

(Almost) fall in the garden...

We finally had some much needed rain the other day, and afterward I just had to take a few pictures in the garden.
This spider web is actually in our neighbors yard, but I thought it looked really pretty.
Die Tage hat es endlich wieder mal geregnet und ich bin gleich danach raus in den Garten um mal wieder ein paar Bilder zu machen.
Die Spinnenwebe ist eigentlich im Garten unserer Nachbarin, aber ich fand es sah einfach schoen aus.

The matching 'spider'... Greg bought this composter recently because he didn't like the design of the one we already have.
Die passende Spinne dazu... Greg hat diesen Komposter neulich gekauft, da er den, den wir haben nicht mag
Beautiful morning glory...
Ich liebe diese Blueten!
The asparagus looks so pretty and frilly.
Der Spargel sieht richtig schoen aus...
The peas are growing and I really hope we'll be able to harvest some this fall. My first attempt at a fall garden and I'm not sure what will happen...
Die Erbsen wachsen und gedeihen und ich hoffe, dass wir diesen Herbst noch welche ernten koennen. Dies ist mein erster Versuch mit einem "Herbst Garten" und ich bin mir noch nicht sicher, ob das alles was wird...
The dill and cilantro are coming back. Yeah! Maybe we'll get another harvest of both of those herbs.
Der Dill und Koriander kommen beide nochmal. Darueber freu ich mich so richtig, da ich diese Kraeuter so gerne mag.

11 comments:

  1. That spider web is quite impressive!!
    Let me know how you like your composter...I am looking into a new one as well.
    Good luck on your fall garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to look at spider webs. The design is so pretty that they weave.

    Tell me about your composter, Anke. Is it one that tumbles? It looks very interesting.

    I'm hoping to get back to blogging tomorrow! I've missed this being a daily part of life. Canning is basically finished with the exception of pumpkins and butternut squash. They will keep well, so I can do those a day here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden looks wonderful! I bet you're glad to have the spider in the other yard. :-) I hope you will stop by my blog sometime this week. I'm having a little giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo,

    ich bin ueber Farmama auf Deinen Blog gestossen und wollte einfach mal "hallo" sagen :o)

    Bin auch Deutsche und lebe in Kalifornien. Wir scheinen eigenen Interessen gemeinsam zu haben wenn ich so durch Deinen Blog schaue :o)

    Liebe Gruesse,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ihr hab noch richtig schönes Wetter. Bei uns regnet es mal wieder.
    Lieben Gruß an dich von Petra

    ReplyDelete
  6. After Greg bought the composter, I saw it advertised online everywhere. It was kind of hard (time-consuming)to put together, but it's very "user friendly". There is a small opening to add compost and a larger one to get out the soil. The base has wheels attached to it (which the ball sits on) and you just give the ball a spin whenever you add things or you feel like it. No turning compost with a fork or shovel... So far I'm really happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallo Anke,
    ja es wird Herbst und Spinnen habe ich auch schon genug gesehen im Garten. Ich mag zwar den Herbst sehr, aber nicht die Spinnen, brrrrrrrr!!!!!
    Ganz liebe Grüße Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful bounty! And your composter is hilarious, I'll bet it's a great conversation piece :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat composter!! I was just talking to hubby today about different ones so I will have to show him this one. Of course he told me just to pile it all up at the edge of the woods, and I reminded him how our chickens love those piles!! Your garden looks great. Now that the garden house is finished except for decorating I can get back to yard work! The weeds are growing faster than anything!!
    Take care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, Anke, for stopping by today and leaving comments on yesterday and today's posts. I appreciate your kind words. I've missed being in the Blogging World...it is so nice to be back. But I have enjoyed every single aspect of my summer this year...my summer of blessings!

    I do enjoy canning immensely. I've been doing it for about 37 years now...and I probably still can as much now as I did when I started and we had kids at home. Canning has always been a very rewarding venture for me. I love looking at the jars at the end of the day, being able to see what I have accomplished that day. Even though our kids are no longer at home, I anticipate (while canning) how their faces will light up when we make that trip to the basement before they head home so they can pack up boxes with jars from Mom's treasure store.

    Thanks again for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a picture perfect spider web! I love how it droops just so, and you have it lit wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete