Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Good food and good company, what else could you want for Mother's day?
Made a rhubarb streusel tart this morning,
Gutes Essen und Familie, was will man mehr zu Muttertag?
Heute frueh hab' ich einen Rhabarber Streusel Kuchen gebacken,played soccer in the backyard,
wir haben im Garten Fussball gespielt,
sorted through the paper,
Zeitung gelesen,
goofed around,
gebloedelt,
grilled the best (local!) steaks,
die besten Steaks gegrillt,
had fun on the mower after Greg got through.
und nachdem Greg mit Rasen maehen fertig war, haben Hannah und Nadia ein paar Runden gedreht.
A great day!
Ein klasse Tag!

9 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!! Hope the rest of your week is just ducky, too!! Love the streusel...yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anke habe erst nach der Mail rein geschaut,wie ich sehe hattest auch du einen sehr schönen Tag.Gruß Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you, you found rhubarb. I can't get it here. I miss it! I bet it tasted great (sigh)
    Glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doris, we have three rhubarb plants in the garden. The girls and I love rhubarb and that's why I planted more than one plant. This is our third year growing it and every year we get to harvest a little more. Publix sells it here in our area, don't know if you have one close to you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! Looks like lots of fun...Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just added you to the kinderGARDENS blogroll...so glad you are joining us! I post every Thursday with a way for us all to link up and visit each other's gardens...can't wait to see what you and your girls come up with! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks as if you had a wonderful Mother's Day...so glad! I thoroughly enjoyed mine this year with actually getting to be with one of my kids! And he prepared one of the most delicious meals I've ever tasted...for me, his wife, and his mother-in-law. We were kind and let the men and children eat, also. lol He even treated dear ole mom to a DQ ice cream cake.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day! My daughter made dinner for us which was a real treat!

    ReplyDelete