Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, April 30, 2010

Yearly check up

Last week we had our annual optometrist visit. Since both girls started wearing glasses right around first grade, we have had yearly check ups. Their eyesight changed every year which meant new glasses every year. Hannah started wearing contacts at age 10 and Nadia was very excited about the fact that she might be able to get some now.
Here is the before picture:
Letzte Woche hatten wir unseren jaehrlichen Augenarzttermin. Sowohl Hannah als auch Nadia fingen in der ersten Klasse an Brillen zu tragen und seitdem steht jedes Jahr ein Augenarztbesuch an. Es hat sich auch jedes Jahr ihre Brillenstaerke veraendert, und beide Maedels hatten schon einige Brillen die sie ihr eigen nennen konnten. Mit 10 hat Hannah angefangen Kontaktlinsen zu tragen und da Nadia nun auch 10 ist hatte sie Hoffnung auch welche zu bekommen.
So sahen sie vorher aus, And here the after, taken in the parking lot. Hannah used to wear contacts in both eyes and both of her eyes improved a lot. She now only needs to wear one contact and she was thrilled!
Nadia was able to get contacts and it only took her 15 minutes to get them both in. Hopefully it will stay that way. She was so happy to walk out of the optometrists office without her glasses!
und so danach, das Bild wurde noch auf dem Parkplatz gemacht. Hannah hatte Kontaktlinsen in beiden Augen, aber nun braucht sie nur noch eine Kontaktlinse in einem Auge! Sie hat sich unwahrscheinlich gefreut, dass ihre Augen besser wurden. Nadia bekam die heiss ersehnten Kontaktlinsen und sie hat auch nur 15 Minuten gebraucht um sie rein zu tun. Hoffentlich geht es weiterhin so einfach! Sie war auf jeden Fall uebergluecklich, dass sie den Augenarzt ohne ihre Brille verlassen konnte.
Sometime after last years visit the girls asked me why I don't get my eyes checked regularly like they do. I didn't really have a good answer for that, so I went to have mine checked this time as well. Can you tell which one is the "new" me?
Irgendwann nach unserem letzten Augenarztbesuch hatten mich beide Maedels gefragt warum ich meine Augen eigentlich nie untersuchen lasse. Da ich darauf wirklich keine gute Antwort hatte (und es schon Jahre her waren, dass ich meine Augen untersuchen liess) hatte ich mir dieses Mal auch einen Termin geben lassen. Ratet mal welches Bild vorher und welches nachher gemacht wurde...

And in case anybody wants to know how the baby Robins are doing - they hatched! Went to check on them yesterday and found three little baby birds.
Und falls sich jemand wundert ob die Robins ausgeschluepft sind, hier ein neues Bild vom Vogelnest. Habe die kleinen Baby's gestern entdeckt...

11 comments:

  1. Contacts or glasses... the important thing is to see well. :-) And the baby robins are so cute! Thanks for sharing that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so studious, Silke! I guess you don't want contacts? Your girls are so beautiful - just like their mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steht dir gut deine Brille,must du die immer tragen oder ist sie zum lesen und fernsehen u.s.w.Schön das Nadia gleich zimmlich gut mit den Linsen zurecht kahm.Und wie klappt es jetzt nach öfterem rein und raus nehmen?Liebe Grüße Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christine, ich trage die Brille so gut wie immer. Zum Lesen nehme ich sie allerdings ab, denn dazu brauche ich noch keine Brille. Mit Nadia's Kontaktlinsen klappt es super, 10 Minuten und sie sind drin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember when I could finally wear contacts, I know that they are both happy campers with them. Now I wear my glasses more than contacts since when I need to read something I have to put glasses on over contacts! When I have glasses I just lift them up to read. People think I'm strange with that!!! Hey, either way I think you look pretty good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. bookmarked!!, I love your site!

    My webpage - mfsp.cmc.msu.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I think your web site may be having browser compatibility problems.
    Whenever I look at your website in Safari, it looks fine however, when
    opening in IE, it's got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Besides that, excellent blog!

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - ford ranger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

    my weblog mederma stretch mark therapy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this site provides quality based articles and other
    material, is there any other website which presents these kinds of stuff
    in quality?

    Feel free to visit my homepage ... http://digg.reyvillamar.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm it looks like your site ate my first comment (it was super long)
    so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any recommendations for novice blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


    my web-site: Ranger forum

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for finally talking about > "Yearly check up"
    < Liked it!

    my homepage; http://investmentcalculatorrealestate.
    com/

    ReplyDelete