Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whats hanging on your walls?

We don't really have any store bought art hanging in our house. The only artists we feature are Hannah and Nadia. :-) I love seeing what they've made and I also think it encourages their creativity to see their works on display. Here are just a few examples of what they've made over the years. Hannah did this drawing in elementary school in Germany, I just don't remember what grade she was in, I think it was either second or third grade.
An unseren Waenden haengen keine gekauften Bilder, die meisten Kunstwerke sind von Hannah und Nadia gefertigt. Ich freue mich immer wenn ich ihre Bilder ansehe und auch fuer die Maedels ist es schoen zu sehen, dass ihre Werke geschaetzt und bewundert werden. Hier sind ein paar Beispiele was so an unseren Waenden haengt: Hannah hat dieses Bild in Dtld in der Grundschule gemalt. Bin mir leider nicht mehr sicher ob es in der zweiten oder dritten Klasse war. Christine weisst du das noch?Ok this one doesn't technically hang on our walls, but Hannah made this hand puppet in elementary school as well. I think she did such a good job with it and she also made the apple in the picture.
Das haengt zwar nicht an den Waenden, aber diese Hexe hat Hannah ebenfalls in der Grundschule gemacht. Ich finde sie hat das super gemacht und der Apfel daneben stammt ebenfalls von Hannah.
This was made by Hannah in 5th grade and was displayed at Panoply, a local arts and crafts fair. She did the drawing and I framed it once she got it back. Since it had a funky border around the picture we thought it should have another funky border when we framed it.
Dieses Bild hat Hannah in der fuenften Klasse gemalt und es wurde hier auf einem "Creativmarkt" ausgestellt. Als sie das Bild wieder mit nach Hause gebracht hat, haben wir es eingerahmt. Nachdem sie eine bunte Borduere um das Bild gemalt hatte, haben wir beim Einrahmen damit weitergemacht.
On to Nadia's art work: She made the next three items in Kindergarten in Germany. Can I just say real quick how much I loved that Kindergarten! Everybody there was FANTASTIC!!! This was done with one of those "spinning thingies"... All the kids there made it and the pictures were sold to the parents at a crafts fair. Again, had to go with a funky border...
Jetzt kommen Nadia's Werke an die Reihe, sie hat die naechsten drei im Kindergarten in Dtld gemacht. Muss mal eben sagen wie super der Kiga war, haette nicht besser sein koennen! Dieses Bild wurde mit einem von diesen "Drehdingern" gemacht. Tolle Erklaerung, ich weiss...
Alle Kinder haben gebastelt und gewerkelt und dann konnten die Eltern die Werke kaufen, Erloes kam dem Kiga zugute. Auch hier musste 'ne bunte Borduere her...
This was actually an invitation to a kindergarten event. Nadia printed the fruit on fabric and I think it's just a really sweet print. Hangs in our kitchen, by the way.
Das war eine Einladung die Nadia gemacht hatte. Das Obst ist auf Stoff gedruckt und ich fand es einfach zu suess. Der Druck haengt in unserer Kueche.
This one was a mother's day gift if I remember right. It was supposed to be a coffee theme, but Nadia wanted to add shells and noodles to her art work. Hey, it's her design, right? This also hangs in our kitchen.
Wenn ich mich noch richtig daran erinnern kann, war dies ein Muttertagsgeschenk. Es sollte eigentlich ein Kaffee Thema sein, aber Nadia beschloss Muscheln und Nudeln hinzuzufuegen. Hey ist ihre Kreation, oder? Auch das Werk haengt in unserer Kueche.
The newest piece by Nadia was hung up last night. Most of the kids in Nadia's school participated in an arts fair to raise money for art class. Of course I could have just taken the drawing and framed it myself, but Nadia was so excited about the show and so proud of her picture. They really did present all the students work like they would in an art gallery and it made Nadia's day when we bought her picture.
Dies ist das neueste Kunstwerk, es wurde gestern Abend noch aufgehaengt. Viele Kinder in Nadia's Schule haben and an einer "art fair" teilgenommen um Geld fuer Kunsterziehung zu sammeln. Natuerlich haette ich das Bild selbst rahmen koennen, aber Nadia war so stolz auf ihr Bild und auf die Ausstellung. Sie haben es wirklich wie in einer Gallerie gemacht und Nadia war uebergluecklich als wir ihr Bild kauften.
And since we are talking about things hanging on a wall.... Remember the thrift store frame I bought this past Saturday? This is what it looks like now. The frame got spray painted black, the actual picture was covered in this red fabric (Nadia's teacher loves reds), and then I attached this metal letter, vintage ribbon and glass button. Hope Mrs. H. will like her gift...
Und weil wir gerade ueber Dinge reden die an der Wand haengen... Koennt ihr euch noch an den Rahmen erinnern den ich vergangenen Samstag im second hand Laden gekauft hatte? So sieht er jetzt aus. Den Rahmen habe ich schwarz lackiert, das Bild mit dem roten Stoff bezogen (Nadia's Lehrerin liebt rot), und dann den Metalbuchstaben sowohl das Band und den Glasknopf daran befestigt. Hoffe es wird Frau H. gefallen...

15 comments:

  1. I used to love framing my childrens' work for our house as well. My children have all grown up now, so this has brought back lots of happy memories. I love the 'h' you have framed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the teacher will love her gift!!
    And your children's art work is just wonderful! I love that you have framed it and have it all around the house. My sister in law used to have one entire wall of her family room hung with her children's artwork. It was always so fun to go over there and see what they had been making in school. I have 2 or 3 pieces from my each of my kids around the house. Several more come out for specific holidays too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Anke, die Bilder von Nadja haben wir alle auch an der Wand hängen, ähm die Bilder von Annkathrin natürlich.Danke, für die Blumen du meintest doch den gleichen Kiga wie ich ??
    Liebe Grüsse
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noch ein Nachtrag ,dieses Drehding heisst
    "Farbschleuder" auf Englisch weiss ich net.
    Color irgendwas vieleicht circle. L.G Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I like looking at things my daughter made as a child - it's fun walking down memory lane. Makes the house so much more personal and warmer.

    Thanks for sharing and have a great day, Anke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natuerlich meine ich den selben Kiga wie du Sylvia! Nadia ging immer total gerne (bis auf die Zeit in der die Jungs sie staendig kuessen wollten:-)) und sie moechte alle auch besuchen wenn wir nach Dtld kommen. Danke fuer die "Farbschleuder", konnte mich nicht mehr erinnern wie dieses Teil hiess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sweet!! And I agree with you art made by our children is the most precious of all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anke!
    sehr schön eure Bildergallerie.Die Rosina Wachtmeister Katze von Hannah,ja ich bin mir nicht ganz sicher ich meine es wäre Anfang dritter Klasse bei Frau Wienziers ,Steffi sagte aber gleih das war die zweite Klasse bei Frau Rößner,kann schon sein das sie recht hat.Müste unseres rauskramen,ich meine das ich es hinten darauf geschrieben habe.Aber im moment sieht es bei uns etwas wüst aus.Wir sind am Wohnzimmer ausreumen da Rudi ab Montag 14 Tage Urlaub hat um das Wohnzimmer zu renowieren.Das fertige Ergebnis seht ihr wen ihr kommt.Das mit dem Bildern einrahmen ist übrigens eine sehr gute Idee,sollt ich mir auch überlegen.Liebe Grüße Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christine, da geht es ja bei euch im Moment rund... Was habt ihr nun alles im Wohnzimmer vor? Solange ihr noch 'ne ausziehbare Couch fuer uns habt wenn wir kommen ist alles ok. :-)
    Liebe Gruesse, Anke

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anke, I so appreciate the way you are encouraging your daughters with their art work. You have such wonderful ways of making them feel so special.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely beautiful artwork by the girls:) so wonderful that they are framed so nicely also:) the teacher is going to adore that gift. i love your artwork and think it is the best kind:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you have framed the kids' art...much lovelier than anything you could buy at a store! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Anke,
    I wanted to come by and thank you for the encouraging note you left for me today when you stopped by. It meant a lot to me.

    I am feeling much better. I had another night of really good restorative sleep last night and I know that helped tremendously. I was able to spend the day with my mother today and we had such a nice day together.

    While I was out I stopped at Lowe's and got some deer repellent to scatter in my flower beds. I just hope I can actually bring myself to do it...we've been seeing so many deer out along the roads and they look as if they are half starved from the hard winter we had. On the other hand...I do have some tall phlox that I've never seen bloom since I planted them four or five years ago because the deer always eat them off before they have the chance to bloom! `wink~ The good thing about the repellent that I bought is that it doesn't harm the deer...Maybe I can do it after all! :-)

    Have a wonderful weekend, Anke. Have any special plans of things to do with the girls?

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your daughter's art! How amazing that they are so talented! We have mostly local artist prints. I love them because they bring back memories of each state we've lived. I wish I'd framed the artwork of my daughters, I still have some of them so I may just do that now! Thanks for the great idea. Oh yes, I think their teacher will be thrilled that you made her something so personal!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute idea for the teacher! You do have some talented daughters! I use to hang my daughter's artwork too. Actually they (school) would make aprons, magnets, and note cards. Of course I had to buy those!, and I still have them too. Kids love seeing their things displayed, even when they are old like mine!!
    Liebe grusse,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete