Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, January 18, 2010

Another rainy Sunday

It rained again all day yesterday, which means we stayed inside and home. We played Wii, watched football, played games on the computer... and I finished these socks for Hannah.
I used to have a basket full of sock yarn, but now my stash is almost depleted. There is probably only enough yarn left to knit 6 or 7 pair. Guess I'll stock up on yarn again on our next trip to Germany...
Gestern hat es den ganzen Tag wieder nur geregnet. Fuer uns hiess das zuhause bleiben und nicht vor die Tuer gehen... Wir haben miteinander Wii gespielt, Football geschaut, Computer gespielt, und ich habe diese Socken fuer Hannah fertig gestrickt. Ich hatte mal einen ganzen Korb voller Sockenwolle, jetzt habe ich vielleicht noch genug fuer 6 oder 7 Paare. Werde wohl wieder fleissig Wolle kaufen gehen, wenn wir nach Dtld kommen...

5 comments:

  1. What a nice pair of socks, Anke. I love the colors, but more than that, I'm sure they are quite comfortable and warm. I hope I'm not being too personal, but I realize your name is German and you write your blog in both English and German. How long have you lived in the US? I've recently met a German lady at our church and I've enjoyed learning about the German culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dianna, I was born and raised in Germany. I first moved to the States with my husband in 92 and we were here until 03. We spend 3 years back in Germany and have been here now since 06. There are many differences between the German and American culture, and some of it came as quite a shock to me. I do love it here, just wish my family and friends were closer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Anke, for sharing some of your background with me. My daughter could relate to your desire to have your family and friends closer. She lived in Mexico City, Mexico for 12 years. Birthdays, holidays were always hardest for her. The longest we ever went without seeing one another was 2 years at a time. I can relate to how your mother must miss you and also seeing her granddaughters. We both had webcams for our computers and were blessed to be able to watch our grandson develop over his younger years. We played all kinds of imaginative things with the webcam making communication easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ja, an solchen Tagen hat immer viel Zeit für Dinge, die manchmal zu kurz kommen. Schöne Farben haben die Socken für Hannah. Sie hat sich sicher gefreut.
    Hab eine schöne Woche und sei ganz lieb gegrüßt, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I knew how to knit socks. The ones that you find in the stores these days just don't cut it!! I'd love to go back to Germany this year as it will be two years this fall. After seeing all my relatives again after such a long time I now want to visit more!!

    ReplyDelete