Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Are you sick of hats yet?

If so I'm sorry, but I made another one. It's made out of leftover yarn from Hannah's hat. I didn't have a pattern for it, just kind of improvised. Greg asked me if I knew that I could buy hats in stores... What would be the fun in that?
Falls euch die Muetzen auf die Nerven gehen tut mir das leid, ich habe aber schon wieder eine gestrickt. Diese Muetze habe ich aus der Wolle gestrickt, die von Hannah's Muetze uebrig war. Eine Anleitung hatte ich dafuer nicht, habe einfach drauf los gestrickt. Greg fragte nur ob ich wuesste, dass ich Muetzen auch im Laden kaufen koennte. Wuerde aber wesentlich weniger Spass machen...I saw a pillow with mother of pearl buttons on the artsy-crafty babe blog and it made me play with my mother of pear buttons. This is what I ended up with...
Auf dem blog von artsy-crafty babe habe ich ein Kissen mit Knoepfen besetzt gefunden. Daraufhin habe ich meine Knoepfe rausgeholt und ein bisschen damit gespielt. Das ist dabei herausgekommen...

5 comments:

  1. I never get tired of hats! Yours is gorgeous!! Do you knit flat or circular? So far I have only done flat...not sure if I am brave enough to try circular yet. Maybe after the New Year. :) Love the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use 5 needles when knitting hats and socks. It's really the only way I know how to... and it's really pretty easy. So far I like the necklace, but I haven't worn it yet. We'll see how happy I'm with it then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anke...first of all, you are just the prettiest thing ever, and I love how you are just whipping out these hats! I'm getting a lot faster at knitting, but haven't tried a hat yet....I may have to pick your brain after Christmas when I finally have some time.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sicher kann frau Mützen auch kaufen, aber solch Individuelle wird sie nirgendwo finden. Außerdem - wie du schon geschrieben hast - wo bleibt der Spaß und der Ausgleich.
    Ganz lieben Gruß, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, thank you Jayme, what a sweet thing to read first thing in the morning. Thank you! If you need to pick my brain, I'll be glad to help.
    Petra, wir "Strickerinnen" denken gleich. Das versteht mein Maenne eben nicht...

    ReplyDelete