Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Monday, October 19, 2009

Knitting and baking again...

As I've said before I really like this "monkey" pattern and I couldn't wait to start another pair after finishing my socks. Since I can't really sit still and do nothing, I knit in the evenings when the girls are in bed. I'm almost done with the heel on the first sock and I'm hoping I'll be able to finish it tonight. We had our first frost this morning and we all like to wear warm and comfy socks in the winter.
Wie schon gesagt gefaellt mir dieses "Monkey" Muster wirklich total gut. Nachdem meine Socken fertig waren, konnte ich es kaum abwarten die naechsten anzufangen. Da ich ehe nicht still sitzen kann und nichts tun, stricke ich abends wenn die Maedels im Bett sind. Bei der ersten Socke ist die Ferse nun fast fertig und ich habe Hoffnung sie heute abend fertig zu bekommen. Heute frueh hatten wir unseren ersten Frost und wir ziehen im Winter gerne selbstgestrickte, warme Socken an.Tomorrow we have another monthly Birthday lunch at work. This time I made pumpkin, chocolate nut bars. I make those every fall and they are sooooo good. Just don't look at my chocolate squiggles on top...
Morgen haben wir wieder unser monatliches "Geburtstagsmittagsessen". Dieses mal habe ich ein Rezept "Kuerbis, Schokoladen, Nussecken" gebacken. Ich mache das Rezept wirklich jedes Jahr im Herbst da sie total lecker sind. Nur mein "Schokogekleckse" duerft ihr euch nicht so genau ansehen...
These are the last Hydrangeas of the year. Since we had frost this morning I went and cut them and just put them in my old (from my grandpa's cousin) teapot.
Da wir heute morgen Frost hatten, habe ich diese letzten Blueten abgeschnitten und in die alte Teekanne von Tante Lotte gesteckt.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Nut Bars
2 cups flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips (dark, milk, white)
2/3 cup chopped nuts ( I use whatever I have on hand, this time I used walnuts)
Combine flour, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda. Beat butter and sugars , add pumpkin, egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture, then 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips and nuts. Spread into greased 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 jelly-roll pan.
Bake in preheated oven (350) for 18 to 22 minutes or until wooden pick comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Place remaining chocolate chips in heavy duty plastic bag and microwave until melted. I put mine in for 1 Minute, but you might have to adjust the time. Knead melted chocolate until smooth and after cutting a corner of the bag, drizzle over bars.

1 comment:

  1. that hydrangea looks gorgeous in that beautiful teapot anke. great recipes also. yum! thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete