Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My future...

This is what my future looks like... Pine needles are EVERYWHERE and there is no end in sight. Guess I need to think positive. Raking them is exercise (or so I tell myself), I can use them in between the vegetable beds as mulch, it gets me outside... Anything else I'm forgetting?
So sieht meine Zukunft aus... Tannennadeln sind ueberall und es wird fuer die naechsten Monate auch kein Ende nehmen. Ich versuche positiv zu denken. Die Nadeln zusammenzurechnen ist eine "sportliche Betaetigung" (falls ihr das anders seht, will ich das gar nicht wissen), sie halten mein Unkraut im Zaum wenn ich sie zwischen die Beete verteile, und ich bekomme frische Luft. Hab' ich sonst noch was vergessen? I love watching all the leaves turn colors.
Ich finde es so schoen, wenn das Laub seine Farben aendert.
Had to bake bread again today, this time I made a pesto bread.
Heute habe ich auch wieder Brot gebacken, dieses mal ein Pesto Brot.
1 cup water (instead of water I used the whey I had drained from the yogurt yesterday)
1/4 cup pesto
1 tsp lemon juice
3 cups bread flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
I bake this the same way as all my other breads.
Since there is pesto in the dough, this bread tends to spoil quickly. Therefore I normally keep half a loaf out and freeze the other half.

3 comments:

  1. Anke..where do you live?

    I find your recipes lovely! Do have to give this a go.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in Harvest, Alabama and we love it here. Except for those darn Tornados...
    Let me know if you like the bread, we think it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, rake up some of those pine needles and send them my way. I need a bunch to mulch around my blueberries!!! Oh and Happy Birthday!!

    Bee Haven Acres Bev

    ReplyDelete