Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Friday, September 25, 2009

Loofah

Out of the four loofah's that I picked the other day, three were already dry. I had them drying on top of our water heater, and I guess that helped it along. I went to Rhonda's blog (down to earth) and checked to see how she processed the loofah. Her directions were very clear and everything was very easy to do. Here's what the loofah looked like before I skinned them...
Von den vier Loofah's die ich neulich gepflueckt habe, waren drei schon trocken. Ich hatte sie auf unserem Wasserboiler liegen, und das hat wohl mitgeholfen. Ich bin auf Rhonda's blog und habe dort nachgelesen was sie mit den Loofah's gemacht hat. Sie hat es super, Schritt fuer Schritt erklaert und es war wirklich babyleicht. So sahen die Loofah's aus bevor ich sie geschaelt habe...These are the seeds I got from just three loofahs. Guess there are more loofah's in my future...
Soviele Kerne/Samen kamen aus den drei Loofah's raus. Wir werden wohl auch naechstes Jahr wieder Loofah's pflanzen...
Here they are soaking in bleach water.
Die Loofah's in einer Bleichemittel /Wassermischung.
That's what they look like after soaking. There are still some seeds left inside, but I just couldn't get them out. We even poked around inside with a long handled spoon... Guess they'll fall out when we cut the loofah into pieces.
So sehen die Loffah's nach dem Bleichebad aus. Es sind immer noch einige Kerne in den Loofah's, aber wir haben sie einfach nicht heraus bekommen. Hannah und ich haben sogar mit den langen Eisloeffeln darin herumgestochert. Naja, wenn ich die Schwaemme in Scheiben schneide, werden die Kerne schon noch rausfallen.

3 comments:

  1. How cool!!! :) And the seeds are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool....I think I need to plant a few next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is so cool anke! very nice! i wish i had more sunny spots in my gardens to try to grow those! :)

    ReplyDelete