Success is not final, failure is not fatal - it is the courage to continue that counts.
- Sir Winston Churchill

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Moving furniture and SNAKE



We've had about all the excitement we can take for a Sunday. First of we (Nadia) decided to move the wardrobe out of her room and exchange it for the dresser in our bedroom. I know the excitement... Greg did most of the work, but we did help him some. Since I had dusted the wardrobe, I had to go shake the feather duster out. Went out the front door and there it was, a disgusting black snake. I DON'T DO SNAKES.!!The little sucker was really fast and slithered into the flower bed. Now what? We got the dogs, but Savvy was only interested in somebody throwing pine cones for her, and Harley wanted to run and sniff. The heroes... Greg and I kind of poked around the bushes with some sticks, no luck. But... I went out a little while later and saw the tail of the snake slither under the trash can. After a bunch of yelling for help (again, I don't do snakes) Greg came with a shovel and killed the thing. Yes, I am aware black snakes are good for the garden, but I'd never leave the house if I knew it was there.

1 comment:

  1. i have a fear of spiders! so i understand where you are coming from anke. :)

    ReplyDelete